Quartermaster Place was the location of the fort's Non Commissioned Officer (NCO) housing and auxiliary buildings. Now, the Fort Delaware Society's headquarters is in the restored frame Quartermaster’s building on Staff Road. Along nearby Exchange Road are the four original brick duplexes built by the engineers in 1933. Joining them will be 16 additional duplexes. The existing structures have been carefully renovated and are available for lease starting in September 2017. [see Residential page]
The mortar battery bunker, aka "The Bunker", will soon undergo interior renovation for future use. It was a state Civil Defense installation in the Cold War. Next to the bunker is the four-gun emplacement dating to the start of the 20th century.
Trails are part of the community, winding among the neighborhoods, along the riverfront and past old artillery emplacements. Existing trails are part of today's Ft. DuPont State Park. New trails will connect the districts and the wildlife area at the new canal entrance. Another will connect to and extend the Delaware City Branch Canal Trail, connecting the fort to the Castle Trail along the C&D Canal.